.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Letter to admissions

I would like to explain discrepancies that may have caught your attention on my application: my low grades during my first year of college.   At a young age I was diagnosed with a learning disability.   All throughout my early education I was provided special education.   This included being in a class room setting and separated from the general group of students.   This setting always made me feel different and not as smart as the other children. I must admit that I began to hate the stigma and teasing from other students associated with special education.   Upon entering college, I felt it was time to put that part of my life behind, and be a â€Å"normal student†.   My parents insisted that I let my college know of my learning disability; reluctantly, I decided to do so. However, I didn’t take advantage of the resources available to students like myself.   During my first year of college, my ignorance took a toll on my grades, because I didn’t use the resources available to me from the Learning disability service, my grades suffered tremendously. Deep down I knew why, and took it upon my self, to put behind my fears and not be ashamed of my disability.   During my second year of college, I began to use the resources that were made available to me such as the extra time during my exams and tutoring.   Once I did this, my grades began to improve, and my counselors helped me pick my classes so I would not be overwhelmed. I began to organize my time more efficiently as well.   If I have the chance to attend University at Buffalo, I will utilize services the Learning Disability offices, to the fullest. I no longer feel ashamed and realize that I just learn differently from others and because of that it doesn’t make less of student. I would also like to state that I have come to a point in life that many people have not.   I have made a firm decision to recommit myself to pursuing my dreams.   While there are those who believe that with an ounce of luck and a ton of persistence anything can be accomplished, I believe that there is no reason to expend so much energy and rely on luck.   I believe in taking hold of my destiny and carving out a future for myself based on the decisions that I make in life.   Life is simply too short and too precious to be left to luck alone. While I personally believe that â€Å"there is no such thing as a free lunch† and that everything a person has in life must come from hard work and perseverance, I also believe in charity.   I believe in helping others who do not have much in life.   I believe in helping people regardless of their nation, race or creed.   I believe in being a better person so I can best help myself and others around me.   I believe that (Insert Name of University) is the best place for me to turn these beliefs into realities. Related essay: â€Å"Co Curricular Activities Letter†

No comments:

Post a Comment